[R] color of error bars in Dotplot (Hmisc)

Irene Prix irene.prix at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:28:13 CEST 2011

Hello!

In a grouped Dotplot, is there any way to set the color of error bars
to be the same as the corresponding symbols?

Example data:

require(lattice)
require(Hmisc)
data(barley)

Dotplot(variety~Cbind(yield, yield+2, yield-2)|year, groups=site,
data=barley)

I experimented with changing trellis settings of plot.line (as
mentioned in the Hmisc documentation) as well as col.line settings in
"simpleTheme", but that didn't work. Changing the error bars to any
one other color does work, but I can't seem to figure out how to set
them to the color of each group-specific symbol...

I'd be grateful for any advice,

Irene