[R] Help with boxplot

Tia Molte moltenigiuseppe at alice.it
Tue Jul 26 21:39:31 CEST 2011

Hi guys,
I need your help with the boxplot.
I've to create a boxplot starting from a table (.csv) in which there are the
result of a test.
Each column is a question and the rows are the answer of the respondents
(from 0 to 5).
Some answer is missing and has been filled with NA.
the table has been loaded in R with the function read.csv
I created the boxplot with the function boxplot and all work fine.
Now I have to create the boxplot with the package lattice and the function
bwplot.
when I try to use the function, R return the following error message:

> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available =
> TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
> class(table)
[1] "data.frame"
> bwplot(table)
Errore in UseMethod("bwplot") :
  no applicable method for 'bwplot' applied to an object of class
"data.frame"

Seems that some parameters are missing.
No problem if I use the function bwplot only with each single column of the
table.

thanks in advance

regards

Tia Molte