[R] Lattice: choice of symbol and symbol position in legend

marcel marcelcurlin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:47:16 CEST 2011

I am making final adjustments to a multi-plot figure using basic and lattice.
In the lattice plot, I would like to include a legend that matches the
format of the legends in the other plots, which consist of appropriately
colored squares (pch 22) followed by text. In lattice, I was able to get a
legend using

auto.key = list(x = .6, y = .6, corner = c(0, 0), pch=22)

but my request for pch=22 was ignored, the colors did not seem to match the
bars exactly, and the positioning was 'text' followed by 'symbol' instead of
the other way around. I looked through the help sections but did not find
any detailed documentation on this. Can these be adjusted? Many thanks.