[R] trouble with uninstall

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:06:55 CEST 2011

You could doa manual uninstall.  Read windows FAQ for Windows on the
entries the R installation program makes to the windows registry.  It
also describes how to remove the registry entries.  Once you have done
this you can simply delete the R directory.  You will be missing a
very good piece of software but if that is what you want.

I don't know what went wrong with your original install.  Perhaps
someone who knows more about the R install program might explain.  I
have installed and  uninstalled many versions of R on XP (32-bit) and
7 (32- and 64-bit) and have never seen any comparable problem.

Best Regards

John