[R] compute the mean of two (or more) correlations

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Jul 26 14:09:51 CEST 2011

And at that point, one is essentially doing a meta-analysis. For example:

library(metafor)

ri <- c(.5, .4)
ni <- c(40, 25)

res <- rma(ri=ri, ni=ni, measure="ZCOR", method="FE")
predict(res, transf=transf.ztor, digits=2)

 pred  se ci.lb ci.ub
 0.46  NA  0.24  0.64

You also get the CI (in addition to the back-transformed average).

Best,

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology