[R] help with regression

JoeP joepix15 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:26:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to do a linear regression but I want one of my variables to not
generate a coefficient.  E.g. what I want to do is fit for y=a+b+c but
forcing the coefficient of b to be 1.  Is this possible?

I have been fitting y-b=a+c but I have found that when I recalculate y it is
not close to the value.  I have assumed that by fitting y-b then the y part
has become insignificant.  In case it makes a difference I have been using
lm rather than glm.

Thanks in advance,

Joe