[R] intraday plot and gaps in data

djdjoko djdjoko at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:48:56 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have an intraday timeseries of financial data (see below) which has gaps
due to market opening and closing hours. I am trying to plot it, but the
time gap is always visible in the plot. I tried converting data to xts, zoo,
timeSeries and plotting it with different functions i.e. plot.xts, plot.zoo.
The only way to make it work was with function 'chartSeries' in the quantmod
package which excludes non existing data from the plot.
I still would like to use the plot, plot.zoo or plot.xts functions if
possible.  I spent a lot of time looking through forums and could not find
anything that would help. Is this possible at all?

Thanks

2009-09-08 20:40:00 169
2009-09-08 20:45:00 170
2009-09-08 20:50:00 170