[R] Selecting unique values

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Jul 26 09:59:02 CEST 2011

Steven's solution is great, but it will only work if the rows are really
duplicates. If the data frame contains another variable whose values vary,
it will not work because then the rows are obviously unique.

df<-data.frame(df,value=rnorm(11))
unique(df)

You would then have to make a decision, which row to select for each species
at the same longitude and latitude, e.g., by first index number or min/max
"value," etc. This would become slightly more complicated. Let us know if
Steven's solution is what you were looking for.