[R] Trouble with line of best fit

DimmestLemming NICOADAMS000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 26 06:43:24 CEST 2011

Daniel Malter wrote:

> Second, given the figure, a linear specification is obviously a
> misspecification of your model, unless you account for autocorrelation.

I've decided to use this as a learning opportunity. I looked up
autocorrelation: It does not apply in any way. By your standards, this is a
misspecification of my model.

Some context: I'm trying to identify strategies (namely offense vs. defense)
in Halo games. In this case, between two playlists, one which involves teams
and one that consists of free-for-all games, I'm looking at how the number
of player deaths is related to the number of kills those players make. The
graph I supplied has the weakest association.

I have a borrowed 1st year statistics book at my house. Other than that, I'm
more or less in the dark. Given the variables and the context, what do you
recommend?