[R] Binding multiple data frames into single data frame

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:26:36 CEST 2011

This and earlier posts by you make me wonder if perhaps you are doing
some data management in R that would be better handled by software
explicitly designed for it limitting the import into R for higher
level analyses/graphing/whatever.  In any case, you can easily break
this big task into smaller chunks by, say, combining a few thousand
data frames at a time, and once you have it broken into chunks,
parallelizing is straightforward.  If the issue is a processor one, I
would assume parallelizing it would speed things up, if the slow down
is memory related.... If your data is in data frames but could
reasonably be in matrices, that would also be a faster route (takes
about 1/3 of the time on my system).

Cheers,

Josh

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Madana_Babu <madana_babu at infosys.com> wrote:
> This is working for me... however when i use multicore there are more than
> 60K DF's getting created and when i use do.call() function it is taking huge
> time. Is there any function which can perform this operation at faster rate?
>
> Regards,
> Madana
>
> --

Joshua Wiley