[R] Problem with random number simulation

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Mon Jul 25 20:24:37 CEST 2011

<<<snip>>>

> I don't use Nabble, and I think that is the case for most of the people
> that _I_ find to be most knowledgeable and helpful.  When replying from
> Nabble, I think posts can be quoted, and comments could be added at
> that point.  Another problem with Nabble is that it sends HTML by
> default (I think), which is not appropriate for this list.  At least,
> that is the problem that Petr ran into above.  The error message that
> he ran into was due to a less than sign being sent as an html
> equivalent, < , which obviously R will choke on.  Again, if the OP
> would follow the posting guide and "provide commented, minimal, self-
> contained, reproducible code" (that includes no HTML), someone may be
> willing and able to help.

Upon reading my own post, I realized that I left out a phrase that made it read like I was denigrating the knowledge and helpfulness of anyone using Nabble.   That was not my intent.  I intended to write

I don't use Nabble, and I think that is the case for most of the people _on R-help_
that _I_ find to be most knowledgeable and helpful.

There may well be some very knowledge and helpful people posting to R-help from Nabble, but the people whose posts I regularly read don't happen to use Nabble.  And there have been a few posts of late where people posting from Nabble either don't care to, or can't figure out how to follow the posting guidelines when using Nabble.  'Nuff said.

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204