[R] Rgraphviz installation problem

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 25 15:25:49 CEST 2011

On 07/25/2011 06:05 AM, Ram H. Sharma wrote:
> Dear experts
>
> I installed Rgraphviz with the following command:
>

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>
>      biocLite("Rgraphviz")
>

> But had a problem when I tried to load it.
>
> This says that libcdt-4.dll is missing in your computer and the following
> message in R window:
>
>> library("Rgraphviz")
> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Rgraphviz', details:
>    call: value[[3L]](cond)
>    error: unable to load shared object
> 'C:/R/library/Rgraphviz/libs/i386/Rgraphviz.dll':
>    LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>

>    Check that (1) graphviz is installed on your system; (2) the

you need to install graphviz, as well as Rgraphviz.

>    installed version of graphviz matches '2.20.3'; this is the version
>    used to build this Rgraphviz package; (3) graphviz is accessible to

graphviz has to be a specific version.

>    R, e.g., the path to the graphviz 'bin' directory is in the system
>    'PATH' variable.  See additional instructions in the 'README' file of

your Windows system 'PATH' variable needs to be adjusted once you've
installed graphviz and before installing Rgraphviz

>    the Rgraphviz 'source' distribution, available at
>
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html

additional details are at the url above. For instance, the specific
version of graphviz required is

   http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/graphviz-2.20.3.1.msi

>    Ask further questions on the Bioconductor mailing list
>
>    http://bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html

if you have more questions, ask on the Bioconductor mailing list.

Martin

--
Computational Biology
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center