[R] wrong name of input file and goto like function

Bansal, Vikas vikas.bansal at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Jul 24 16:05:39 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have a question and need your help please.
I have the following code which is asking user to enter the name of their file.

define<- function()
 {
 readline("enter the name of your file: ")
 }

df=read.table(define(),fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses = "character")

Now I want if user will input wrong name of file the code should not end and it should show a message-

if()
{
 print("wrong name of the file Please enter again ")

 }

now I want to ask what should be the condition of if so that if user will input wrong file name it will show this message and then i want to use something like goto so that it should again start with the code which is before if condition-

df=read.table(define(),fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses = "character")

so the code should be-

define<- function(x)
 {
 readline("enter the name of your file: ")
 }

df=read.table(define(),fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses = "character")           ##starline

if(## some condition here)
{
 print("wrong name of the file Please enter again ")
## some goto function so that it should goto (starline)
 }

Thanking you,
Warm Regards
Vikas Bansal