[R] determining system time for sequence of commands

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 23 16:25:55 CEST 2011

Dear list members,

I am trying to figure out how much CPU time individual commands inside
one of my functions consume. Is it possible to obtain the CPU times of a
whole sequence of commands inside a function? I know how to use
system.time() but this would only give me the time consumed by the whole
function. The only (cumbersome) way I figured out would be to run
system.time for each individual command. Does anybody have a hint on a
function/package that allows to do this automatically?

Thanks a lot
Jannis