[R] Find pattern in matrix

csrabak crabak at acm.org
Fri Jul 22 15:33:41 CEST 2011

This kind of problem can be addressed with branch and cut or similar
Operations Research methods.

Get a look at the CRAN task view "Optimization and Mathematical
Programming" specially the packages for Integer Programming and Mixed
Integer Programming.

Depending on the demands you have in your project, you may want to
consult with a local OR expert.