[R] Changing Y axis in R

SamiC s.cox.10 at aberdeen.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 15:42:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

So I am trying to plot my results of a model.  what i have is the majority
of the data between the values of 0 and 30, then one outlier at 80 and
another at 130.  the model plots a nice line through the data between 0 to
30, however given the outliers you cant seen this unless you change the y
axis using ylim=c(0,30) but then you can only see the data points in this
range.  What I would like to do is plot a y axis with a multiple scale, so
if i have 10 equally spaced ticks, 0 to 8 would be the data between 0 and
30, and then tick 9 would be 80 and tick 10 130, so that the two outliers
would be show in the graph.  I think what i have seen is a graph with the
axis on one scale, then a squiggly line to another scale, and a squiggly
like to a third scale.

Thanks