[R] Getting Started

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Thu Jul 21 10:56:13 CEST 2011

 On 07/21/2011 05:16 AM, Varsha Agrawal wrote:
> I am a new user and want to learn R from the most basic level.
>
> Suggest me a reading or a link.

Googling 'R introduction' lead to a great number of interesting links.
Also take a look at CRAN, primarily the documentation sections. Books
related to R are on the r-project webpage [1]. Also take a look at the R
taskviews for directions on specific application areas [2]. Also take a
look at the website of Patrick Burns for interesting articles [3].

cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html
[2] http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/
[3] http://www.burns-stat.com/

> Thanks
> Varsha
>
> P.S.  I would appreciate if you could also send me the link where I can read
> questions and answers posted by others.

Googling using 'R-help your keywords' is in my experience the best way
to search the