[R] Calculating mean from wit mice (multiple imputation)

Sarah s1327720 at student.rug.nl
Wed Jul 20 12:05:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

How can I calculate the mean from several imputed data sets with the package
mice?
I know you can estimate regression parameters with, for example, lm and
subsequently pool those parameters to get a point estimate using functions
included in mice. But if I want to calculate the mean value of a variable
over my multiple imputed data sets with
fit <- with(data=imp, expr=mean(y)) and
pool(fit),
I get the warning:
Error in pool(fit) : Object has no coef() method.

Does anyone know what is happening, and is there another way of calculating
means?
Thanks.