[R] Different result of multiple regression in R and SPSS

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed Jul 20 04:32:42 CEST 2011

First, it would have helped if you had posted the actual results for us to
see how far they are off (and, more specifically, by which factor).

Second, given your epiphany, you will find that that's exactly what David
(and others before him) said or suggested. It is not about standardizing a
nominal variable, which you theoretically cannot. It is about how the
programs encode nominal variables by standard.

Daniel