[R] Different result of multiple regression in R and SPSS

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 00:45:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 6:29 PM, J. wrote:

> Thanks for the answer.
>
> However, I am still curious about which result I should use? The
> result from
> R or the one from SPSS?

It is becoming apparent that you do not know how to use the results
from either system. The progress of science would be safer if you get
some advice from a person that knows what they are doing.

> Why the results from two programs are different?

Different parametrizations. If I had to guess I would bet that the
gender coefficient is R is exactly twice that of the one from SPSS.
They are probably both correct in the context of their respective
codings.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT