[R] Different result of multiple regression in R and SPSS

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Jul 20 00:11:48 CEST 2011

Answer: Contrasts, i.e. the parameterization of the categorical variable(s) df.

?contrasts may be of some help, but you really need to do some
background studying of the linear models principles involved. Googling
may provide tutorials. Also searching the mail archives, e.g.:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2009-February/187479.html

-- Bert