[R] Writing the output of a regression object to a file

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Jul 19 17:41:27 CEST 2011

If I understand you correctly,

> I would like to export the esvr.pred object to a file so that I can
> draw a graph of it against my original data in other software that I'm
> using.

you cannot do this. You can export **data**, but of course any R
"object" is either a binary or text (via dput) representation of an R
structure, which can only be understood by R, not another software
system.

See ?write, ?write.table, or the R import/export manual for how to
export data (as text) to be imported by other software.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics