[R] dead code removal

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Tue Jul 19 13:14:25 CEST 2011

 On 07/19/2011 09:57 AM, Juan Carlos Borrás wrote:
> Ideally you'd have the next two items available:
> - tests that ensure that your code carries out what it should and as it should.
> - a coverage analysis tool that reports what parts of your code have
> been and have not been executed by your tests above.
> Neither of those are mandatory though, but they will save you from
> nightmares later on.
> While there are a few tests harnesses for doing the former (i.e.
> RUnit, test_that and so on...), I am not aware of any code coverage
> tools for R, sadly.
> Cheers,
> jcb!

Hi,

Maybe you could profile your code and record which functions are used.
For an example of how to do this see [1]. Cross-referencing them with
your code should indicate if there are any functions that are unused.

cheers,
Paul

[1]
http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~nolan/stat133/Fall05/lectures/profilingEx.html