[R] read.csv help

psombe srinivas.eswar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:27:59 CEST 2011

Well yeah it works fine for small data but when i tried the exact same
command with a large data set (abt 167 rows and 4000 columns) it gave me a
different data frame.
 either i get the first column as row names and so when i put data[1,1] i
get the the first row second column data (from the original data) as the
first row became row names.
or
if i explicitly put row.names = NULL i get my columns shifted.

this is how the data should look
> tdata[1,1:3]
   timestamp system.system.nfs_ops system.system.cifs_ops
1 1299376803               1104233                      0

and this is how i'm able to load the data

   row.names timestamp system.system.nfs_ops system.system.cifs_ops
1 1299376803   1104233                     0                      0

notice the shift in the first column
i hope this makes my problem clearer