[R] read.csv help

psombe srinivas.eswar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:05:30 CEST 2011

Hi,
I'm a new R user and I'm having trouble with the read.csv command. It
somehow treats the first column as a row name field even though it's not a
row name. there are no missing columns/entries and i'm not sure how to
resolve this.

the format of my data is

A, B, C, D,......(3984 columns)
12, 13, 41,......(all numeric)

it either treats column A as rownames or if I explicitly disable row names
with row.names = NULL field it right shifts all the columns like

                    rowno.     A       B       C             Last column
1                  12          13       41      ....              NA

Srinivas