[R] cforest - keep.forest = false option?

KHOFF kuphoff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:17:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm very new to R. I am most interested in the variable importance measures
that result from randomForest, but many of my predictors are highly
correlated. My first question is:

1. do highly correlated variables render variable importance measures in
randomForest invalid?

and 2. I know that cforest is robust to highly correlated variables,
however, I do not have enough space on my machine to run cforest. I used the
keep.forest = false option when using randomForest and that solved my space
issue. Is there a similar option for cforest (besides savesplitstats =
FALSE, which isn't helping)

below is my code and error message

Thanks in advance!

> fit <- cforest(formula = y ~ x1 + x2+ x3+ x4+ x5+
+ x6+ x7+ x8+ x9+ x10, data=data, control= cforest_unbiased(savesplitstats =
FALSE, ntree = 50, mtry = 5)

1: In mf$data <- data :
  Reached total allocation of 3955Mb: see help(memory.size)
2: In mf$data <- data :
  Reached total allocation of 3955Mb: see help(memory.size)