[R] R code to extract shape polygons for any state for loading into Geobugs

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jul 16 19:36:05 CEST 2011

NEVER, ever, post a question on a new topic in an existing thread - see the
posting guide; you pollute the archive, and harm yourself by having your
question "disappear". For conversion of SpatialPolygons* objects to read
into WinBUGS, see ?sp2WB in the maptools package. Your question is more
appropriate for the R-sig-geo list.

Roger

Shant Ch wrote:

> Hello R users,
>
> I am fitting a spatio-temporal model for the areal data related to school
> districts of Texas, US using geobugs. For that I need to load the polygon
> shape
> file in geobugs.In Bradley Carlin's website there was an S-plus program
> called
> poly.S to extract polygons for  any state in the United States in the
> appropriate format for loading  into GeoBUGS which is no more now and that
> too
> on S. Is there any R code to extract the polygons for all school districts
> of a
> state in the United States or something of that type, the format which can
> be
> used in geobugs?
>
> Bhargab

-----