[R] error on my loop function

EdBo n.bowora at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:02:10 CEST 2011

Hi

I have to matrices t and y below. I want correlation of columns (a,d) (b,e)
and (c,f). The correlation should be for the first 3 rows of  matrix t
against matrix y; and then the last 3 i.e a loop function.

I have a code I created below but its giving me an error, surprisingly the
the individual parts of the code give me the correct answers.

##########My code is

> runs=2
> Corrs=matrix(0, nrow=2,3)
>
> for (i in 1:2)
+ {
+  index_start = 3*(i-1)+1  #replace 100 with days in a quater
+  index_end = 3*i  #replace 100 with days in a quater
+  use_index = index_start:index_end
+  Corrs[i] =diag(cor(t[use_index,],y[use_index,]))
+ }
Warning messages:
1: In Corrs[i] = diag(cor(t[use_index, ], y[use_index, ])) :
  number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
2: In Corrs[i] = diag(cor(t[use_index, ], y[use_index, ])) :
  number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
> Corrs
     [,1] [,2] [,3]
[1,]    1    0    0
[2,]    1    0    0