[R] help page becomes unavailable after a package is reinstalled

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sat Jul 16 01:25:01 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have noticed this problem ever since R changed its static HTML help
pages to dynamic help pages: when I reinstall a package and try to
view any help page of this package, I always get this error (in the
terminal or html page)

Error in fetch(key) : internal error -3 in R_decompress1

As a package developer, I often have to reinstall a package again and
again, so I wish I do not have to restart R to see the new
documentation. Anybody ever met a similar situation and has an idea?
Thanks!

I use R 2.13.1 under Ubuntu, and it also appears in Windows 7.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>