[R] Using str() in a function.

andrewH ahoerner at rprogress.org
Fri Jul 15 19:31:44 CEST 2011

Thanks, everybody, this has been very edifying. One last question:

It seems that sometimes when a function returns something and you don't
assign it, it prints to the console, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure
I understand which is which. My best current theory is that, if the function
returns NULL, by itself and not as part of some larger object, it does not
print it, but non-null values are printed. Is that correct?

Thanks! Andrew