[R] Problem in installing rJava from source

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:28:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

rJava depends on having appropriate version of Java installed.  You
can download the JDK from oracle for free at their website.  It should
automatically set the appropriate environment variables, but if you
are having difficulty with that still, you may need to set JAVA_HOME
to the directory where you installed Java.

Cheers,

Josh

P.S. Duncan Murdoch's Rtools gives you what you need to build R and
many packages but not all third party software a particular package
may depend on.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Bogaso Christofer
<bogaso.christofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I was trying to install rJava package (some older version) from
> source. However could not achieve using "Rcmd  build -binary rJava" syntax
> with windows cmd. The building process stopped with following error:
>

> ERROR*> JavaSoft\{JRE|JDK} can't open registry keys.
>
> ERROR: cannot find Java Development Kit.
>
> Please set JAVA_HOME to specify it's location normally
>
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rJava'
>

> With this error it seems that, I need to install some additional tool(s),
> however I have Duncan's Rtools installed.
>

> Can somebody through some light on this issue, what I should do with this
> error?
>

> Thanks,

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology