[R] Calculate Az (A sub z) with R?

dd2es dd2es at virginia.edu
Fri Jul 15 01:57:43 CEST 2011

I am looking for (or interested in writing) a function that calculates Az, an
alternative measure of discriminability from SDT (alternative to d', Az). I
have written my own functions for d', A', B"d, and am aware of the 'sdtalt'
package, but I have yet to find a way to calculate Az, since it require the
phi operator.

For a relevant paper/discussion (and formula), please see Verde and
McMillian, 2006 (Measures of sensitivity based on a single hit rate and
false alarm rate: The accuracy, precision, and robustness of d', Az, and Az)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

David Dobolyi
Graduate Student
Cognitive Psychology
University of Virginia