[R] Colors in R

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:33:35 CEST 2011

Trevino, Lisa <lt2 <at> bcm.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to assign colors to multiple lines in a graph.
>  Problem is I don't want to type in as many colors as
> there are lines....is there a way around this? In brief,
> I'm plotting the logratio for up to 60 samples and
> want a different color for each sample.

  See my answer to

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6075140/
in-r-how-do-i-change-the-color-value-of-just-one-value-
in-ggplot2s-scale-fill-br/6076605#6076605

  (line-broken URL to make Gmane happy: reassemble it)

 The bottom line is that you *can* do this, but you will
also have to live with the fact that you will not actually be
able to distinguish among the colours unless you are superhuman
and using a very good output channel ...