[R] Tukey HSD with repeated measure ANOVA

Roberto rmoscetti at unitus.it
Wed Jul 13 21:31:39 CEST 2011

Hi,
I need to determinate HSD value from a matrix like that

Thesis	Days	   A1
Cx	0	66.07
Cx	0	60.24
Cx	0	42.86
Tw	0	66.07
Tw	0	60.24
Tw	0	42.86
Aa	0	66.07
Aa	0	60.24
Aa	0	42.86
Qe	0	66.07
Qe	0	60.24
Qe	0	42.86
Cx	56	310.86
Cx	56	223.17
Cx	56	186.77
Tw	56	149.42
Tw	56	127.75
Tw	56	138.59
Aa	56	130.24
Aa	56	214.83
Aa	56	137.95
Qe	56	186.64
Qe	56	189.09
Qe	56	187.87

this is my script

require(agricolae)
file <- "A1.txt"
data_table <- read.table(file, header=T, row.names=NULL)

attach(data_table)
anova <- aov(A1 ~ factor(Thesis)*factor(Days))
detach(data_table)

first of all, I need to know if my script has conceptual errors

secondly, I need to calculate HSD between Thesis:Days means
I try with Tukey.test command from agricolae package, but it do not work
I can use only these commands

Tukey.test(anova, "Thesis")
Tukey.test(anova, "Days")

but not

Tukey.test(anova, "Thesis*Days")

how can I do?

my apologies for the banal questions, but I'm taking the first steps in
statistical computing

Thanks,
Roberto