[R] simple save question

Tom La Bone booboo at gforcecable.com
Wed Jul 13 19:10:15 CEST 2011

I want to assign the value of rmean from a survfit object to a variable so
that it can be used in subsequent calculations, which is also what I
interpreted the original poster to want. I did not understand Dr. Therneau's
answer to the original poster, so I figured I would provide a simple example
and see if someone could spoon feed me on how to do this. Dr. Winsemius
seemed to have gotten an answer, but I have not been able to reproduce it.

It appears to me that summary(fit) and summary.survfit(fit), where fit is an
object created by survfit, are the same thing (the example on the
summary.survfit help page reinforces this idea). I have played with the
rmean=getOption('survfit.rmean') option in summary but I can't seem to get
anywhere.

Tom