[R] Scaling in SVM

Meffy matthias.eder at dlr.de
Wed Jul 13 11:22:24 CEST 2011

Dear Community!
I'm using the svm method of package e1071 for classifying my data. This
really works fine, but however I have to work after creating the support
vectors and the parameters with unscaled data. So the problem is when I try
to train the classifier with the option "scale=F" the result is quite poor,
so training with scaled data is essential. The rescaling of the support
vectors is of course quite an easy task, but what about the parameters coefs
and the summand rho? Are they influenced by the optimisation with scaled
data (I think they have to...)? And is there any possiblility to rescale
these values?
I appreciate your help!
Greetings!
Matthias