[R] Generating a histogram with R

a217 ajn21 at case.edu
Tue Jul 12 21:41:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a sample file:

chr22	100	150	125	21	0.145	+
chr22	200	300	212	13	0.05	+
chr22	345	365	351	12	0.09	+
chr22	500	750	510	15	0.10	+
chr22	500	750	642	9	0.02	+
chr22	800	900	850	10	0.05	+

where I need to generate a histogram from the data in column 6 (i.e. 0.145,
0.05, etc.). To make it easier to read, I would plot the data as 1-0.05=0.95
for all of the data in column 6.

What I would like to know is how to generate a histogram with the data from
one file? Also, would I be able to generate one histogram from multiple
files as well (with the same format)?

For example, I have multiple files in the same format as the sample file
above, and I would like to make one histogram for all column six data in all
files.

Thank you,
a217