[R] Deviance of zeroinfl/hurdle models

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:38:55 CEST 2011

Dear list, I'm wondering if anyone can help me calculate the deviance
of either a zeroinfl or hurdle model from package pscl?
Even if someone could point me to the correct formula for calculating
the deviance, I could do the rest on my own.

I am trying to calculate a pseudo-R-squared measure based on the
R^{2}_{DEV} of [1], so I need to be able to calculate the deviance of
the full and null models. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Alternatively, does anyone have a suggestion for a better measure to
report (I'm aware that R^2 measures aren't really appropriate here),
preferably something that is easy enough to program or compute using
existing packages...

Thanks in advance,

Carson

[1] Cameron, A.C., Windmeijer, F.A.G., 1996. R^2 measures for count
data regression models with applications to health-care utilization.
J. Bus. Econom. Statist. 14, 209–220

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow