[R] grep lines before or after pattern matched?

Simon Kiss sjkiss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:25:04 CEST 2011

Hi Josh,
Sorry for the insufficient introduction. This might work, but I'm not sure.
The file that I have includes up to 100 documents (Document 1, Document 2, Document 3....Document 100) with the newspaper name following 4 lines below each Document number.
I'm using readlines to get the text file into R and then trying to use grep to get the newspaper name for each record. But your idea of indexing the text object read into R with the line number where the newspaper name is found is a good one.  I'll just have to come up with a loop to tell R to get the 4th, 8th, 12, 16th, line, etc.
I'll see if I can get that to work.
Simon