[R] Dataset in parts - how to join together?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 22:42:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

If all the datasets have the same columns, you could just use rbind().
 You might also look into the merge function.  You can look up the
documentation by typing (at the console):

?rbind
?merge

We can give more detailed help with a more detailed example.

Cheers,

Josh

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM, majesty
<juta.kawalerowicz at stx.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello, I am new to R - could somebody suggest a function to investigate for
> the following:
>
> I have data of the form
>
> OA_CODE  VALUE
> xyz           0.42
> abd           0.10
>
> but I have it in 12 separate files, each with output areas and value for one
> of 12 regions. I would like to combine the 12 files into one data set of the
> same format.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated, I will read on it.
>
> --

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles