[R] Odds Ratio for evaluating Diagnostic tests

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 07:08:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 12:55 AM, Manoj Aravind wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I have a doubt reg the application of odds ratio.
> When evaluating a diagnostic test, what odds ratio I should apply?
> When I use..
> *>oddsratio (X)** *
> the OR I get is not ad/bc.

You should post code that creates an object X and it would also be
courteous to post the name of the package from which you are pulling
oddsratio.

And you should read the Details section of the help page more closely
if this happens to be from epitools.

> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Dr Manoj Aravind,
> PG Resident,
> Dept of Community Medicine,
> Osmania Medical College,
> Hyderabad, India.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

It's very easy in the Gmail interface to comply with the request to
post plain text.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT