[R] Storing and managing custom R functions for re-use

Abhijit Dasgupta, PhD aikidasgupta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 15:37:21 CEST 2011

I think most of us are in a similar situation. I've usually kept mine in
a file which is sourced when I start R. The main problem I have with
this is that it clutters up my environment with a lot of stuff I don't
need all the time. I'm in the process of creating a custom package which
will be lazy-loaded. I believe a previous discussion of this topic
suggested this as the preferred method.