[R] Storing and managing custom R functions for re-use

Simon Chamaillé-Jammes s.chamaille at yahoo.fr
Sat Jul 9 13:30:51 CEST 2011

Dear all,

sorry if this is a bit on the sidetrack for R-help.

As a regular R user I have developed quite a lot of custom R functions,
to the point of not always remembering what I have already programmed,
where the file is and so on.
I was wondering what other people do in this regards. A basic file with
all your functions, or a custom R package, or directly integrated into a
profile file ??? I'm considering that a blog with tagged posts may be a
good solution (and really good ones could join R-bloggers maybe).

If someone is happy to share what (s)he considers good practice, thanks.

simon