[R] help with nprmpi

p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Jul 7 02:01:38 CEST 2011

Quoting Ouattara <B.Ouattara at swansea.ac.uk>:

> Dear
>
> I have been trying to a program which requires "nprmpi". However, I have
> tried to install the downloaded zip file but get the error: "cannot open
> compressed file 'npRmpi_0.40-7.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION'"

Since you didn't tell us any basic information, we have to guess what your OS
and other details are.  My guess that you're trying to use a file which
Windows
can't deal with.

> I tried the command: install.packages("nprmpi") but get the message "package
> 'nprmpi' is not available"

That would be consistent with using Windows.  On the CRAN site, the
information
relating to the mprmpi package has this to say:
Windows binary: 	not available, see ReadMe.

HTH