[R] problem loading rgdal with Rapache, problem solved due to libexpat with apache.

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:01:07 CEST 2011

Has anyone had problems with Rapache that don't show up on command line
execution of R? I just ran into this loading rgdal in Rapache page and having
a problem with loading shared object. The final complaint was that Stop_XMLParser
was undefined- this was surprising since grep -l showed it in expat lib and it worked
fine from command line. Finally, I noted the search path had apache/lib ahead
of the other places where expat exists.  The libexpat there although apparently having
same versio, so.0.5.0 did not grep for this symbol. Anyway, copying one into
the other fixed the problem and the page works fine but curious is anyone
has thoughts on what could have caused this. Sorry I don't have
specific output but i thought you may remember if you ran into
it and it is not worth trying to replicate. Thanks.