[R] Output data frame using write.table

Tue Jul 5 22:12:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Bansal, Vikas <vikas.bansal at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a data frame whose name is m1.
> I want to write this data frame in text file as output.I am using this code-
>
> write.table(m1, file = "kas.txt", append = FALSE,row.names=F,quote=F,sep="\t")
>
> When I am opening my kas.txt file,the column names are not coming exactly above the column.
> What should I do.Please help me.

You are writing a tab-delimited text file -- unless the width (number
of characters) of all the elements of all of your columns is less than
your tab width, then what you want will never happen.

You can either set your "tab width" in your text editor that you're
using to view the file to some insanely large number so you can make
the above statement true, or you can do what David suggested ...

Is the reason you are writing the file in text so that you can display
it in some text editor at some later point, or do you actually want to
use the data in other ways later?

I also reckon if you open your tab-delimited file in something like
excel, then all things should come out as "nice" as you want ..

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou