[R] Survival Analysis

avsha38 AVSHALO2 at POST.TAU.AC.IL
Tue Jul 5 20:55:27 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have few questions about recurring events. I would greatly appreciate it
if anyone can assist me.

I have data that consist of approx 1,100 Consecutive patients released from
hospital after first Myocardial infarction (MI). They were followed for 13
years. Recurrent MI and unstable angina pectoris (UAP) leading to
hospitalization were recorded (within-subject range: 0-4 for recurrent MI;
0-19 for UAP). Socio demographic and clinical data were obtained at study
entry.
I want to fit Semiparametric regression models.

1. What will be the best method regarding the time scale (calendar times or
gap times) when I want the fit a model for recurrent MI ? For the UAP
recurrent event?

2. In 25% of the subjects the last MI event was fatal; will it be correct to
consider fatal and non-fatal events as if they are events of the same type?
Which R Package is best to deal with informative censoring? Can the
"Survival" Package deal with this?

Thanks in advance,
Avi