[R] RWinEdt problem

Richard Valliant rvalliant at survey.umd.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:14:16 CEST 2011

I received this reply offline from William Dietrich and am posting it in
case it might help someone else.
His fix did get RWinEdt going, but, in my case, the tabs that should
have the open file names are blank. This fix worked with WinEdt 5.5 but
not v.6. In the end, I decided to switch to Tinn-R.

rv

>>> "William Dieterich" < wdieterich at npipm.com > 06/30 11:11 PM >>>

I had the same problem on the same system with RWinEdt. I finally
resolved
it by accident by launching R from the start menu (instead of the
desktop
shortcut). If I launched R with the desktop shortcut icon (as
administrator) I would get the error you get when I attempted to load
RWinEdt. But everything works fine if I launch R from the startup menu
(as
administrator). I think it has something to do with code attached to
the
desktop shortcut. When you install R it asks about creating a startup
menu
item - I think the problem is related to that.

Sorry for the offline response but I am not currently subscribed to R
Help.
I couldn't resist giving a tip because this problem was a real headache
for
me too.

William Dieterich, Ph.D.

Director of Research