[R] problem in reading a sequence file

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 5 17:04:02 CEST 2011

albert coster wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a file with some sequence (seq.txt). I am writting following code
> and
> getting error! Can please help me?
>

>  seqfile<-read.table(file="seq.txt")
> Warning message:
> In read.table(file = "seq.txt") :
>   incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'seq.txt'

The message is a warning not an error.

It means that the last line of your file does not end with a line-ending
sequence.
Such as carriage return/linefeed (\r\n) or a just a linefeed (\n).
In your editor you either need to press <return> at the end of the last line
or tell the editor to terminate the last line with a line-endng character.

Berend