[R] PROBLEM IN R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:57:37 CEST 2011

On Jul 3, 2011, at 21:26 , Joshua Wiley wrote:

> I could not find the "asreml" package on CRAN or bioconductor, so I
> did not install it, but I can load all of the other packages without a
> problem.  If you post where to get the "asreml" package, I can try
> that too.

The asreml package is interface code to software from VSN international. It is not clear from their website which version of R it expects to work with, so one could well expect that an incompatibility has crept in. As a matter of principle, we only try to remain compatible within versions with the same minor number (things may work anyway, we don't guarantee breakage either). I.e., _if_ this is the cause of the problem, it is something that needs to be taken up with the supplier.